Re: [Gnash] Xorg signall 11

From: Andrew Williams
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Xorg signall 11
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:42:06 +0100

John Gilmore wrote:

> I hope you've filed a bug against the X server.  Other programs should
> never be able to make the X server crash.  So there's a bug in X, and
> possibly a second bug in gnash that triggers the X bug.  (Or perhaps
> gnash is doing things right, and all will be well when X is fixed.)

I was just about to try a few of the things you suggested. I have a
linux box in work using the same release of Gentoo that I use at home,
and it's an x86 machine. Unfortunately I discovered that a natively
compiled gnash crashes its X server as well! Slightly less verbose error
message:

Backtrace:
0: /usr/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0xa3) [0x80c044d]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

This seems to suggest that it's not a 64 bit issue, but might be more
common than I thought!

So this evening I will be filing a bug against X.org. Nothing else
crashes the server as gnash does, but as you say it probably shouldn't
be able to do it anyway.

 Andrew

--
Andrew Williams