Re: [Gnash] Gnash licensing

From: Gervase Markham
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash licensing
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:15:00 +0000

Rob Savoye wrote:
>   That said, Gnash will stay GPL'd. As a developer, that is my preferred
> license to write code under. I appreciate the wonderful browser the
> Mozilla and Firefox teams have created, but can't see any real reasons
> to change the Gnash license. RMS has said he can add an exemption to the
> GPL to cover it's use as a plugin. If that works for you, that works for
> me.

In principle, that works for us - thank you very much for that offer.

Once it's written, It would be great if we could get a preview of the
text of the proposed exception just in case we can spot any potential
issues from our side. I hope that will be possible.

Gerv

(Several GNU addresses seem to have got attached to this thread; please
let me know if one person's inbox is being spammed with multiple copies
of each message!)