Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP NetStream Patch

From: George Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP NetStream Patch
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 22:25:01 +0530

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 04:50:11PM +0530, George Thomas wrote:
>> >
>> > Why is RTMP.cpp inolved in this at all, if libcurl would be enough
>> > to get the video our way ? Did you try using the command-line curl(1)
>> > to fetch the audio/video stream ?
>>
>> RTMP looks to be supported with this patch.
>>
>> Good news is I get sound and a streaming gnash with red5 now and I
>> was able to hear the audio.
>
> Excellent! But, did does the RTMP stream also contain video ?
I was getting debugs which said recieved video packet. But not sure if
that meant

3032:1] 7272 FUNCTION: Play Head =4.804
3032:1] 7274 FUNCTION: onStatus=[type Function]
3032:1] 7275 FUNCTION: onMetaData=[type Function]
3032:1] 7294 DEBUG: Received <unknown packet type 208>
3032:1] 7294 ERROR: Unknown packet <unknown packet type 208> received
3032:1] 7305 ERROR: Incomplete packet received on channel 39
3032:1] 7305 ERROR: Incomplete packet received on channel 60
3032:1] 7305 ERROR: Incomplete packet received on channel 5
3032:1] 7315 DEBUG: Received <unknown packet type 0>
3032:1] 7316 ERROR: Unknown packet <unknown packet type 0> received
3032:1] 7326 DEBUG: Received <unknown packet type 0>
3032:1] 7326 ERROR: Unknown packet <unknown packet type 0> received
3032:1] 7337 DEBUG: Received <chunk size packet>
3032:1] 7347 DEBUG: Received <chunk size packet>
3032:1] 7357 ERROR: Incomplete packet received on channel 53
3032:1] 7357 ERROR: Incomplete packet received on channel 25
3032:1] 7357 DEBUG: Received <video packet>
3032:1] 7368 DEBUG: Received <audio packet>

i recieved messages like this from there. As I was not able
to get a testcase working properly cant be completely sure.

>> The patch is attached with the additional change I did which made use of
>> curl.
>> Shall I submit this patch in the patch submission page in savannah ?
>
> Yes please. Make sure to target current master branch.

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8086
I have made the sumission. Could not find where to set the
target in that page :).

> I noticed that your patch includes a currentFPS implementation,
> is that one related to RTMP support at all ?

That was a change I had in an attempt to implement currentFPS. I
removed that from this patch.

>> Curl from command line works clean and downloads the flv.
>
> Can the so-downloaded FLV be played with Gnash using a non-rtmp
> NetStream ? (ie: could be a lack of support for the specific FLV).
> NOTE: I'm assuming the FLV is supposed to also contain video here,
> let me know if I'm off-track.

What I did was

curl -v rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/hobbit_vp6.flv -o hobbit.flv

in the command line and got the flv in hobbit.flv
And then played the video with vlc which worked.

I streamed an actual video which comes with the samples of red5.

I found an online version of the samples just now.
http://203.158.253.201:5080/demos/ofla_demo.html

> Another thing: your patch lacks the oflaDemo.as file.

I have added it in the patch submitted.

> If it's easy for you, publishing your git branch will be helpful.
> git request-pull --help # is your friend

I did not work out of a branch but was working in master So I
am a bit unsure of how to get it done.

Regards,
George.

PS : I am on a vaccation for a half a month. Will correct changes required
 once I am back.