Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP NetStream Patch

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP NetStream Patch
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:10:49 +0200

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 06:33:38PM +0530, George Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to get a streaming red5 server applying the patch I have
> attached. I used the oflademo test case to get this done from red5.
>
> oflademo.as has been added to do the testing.
>
> I am unaware of how to proceed from this position to make the
> streaming proper. Wanted to write a test case to test it properly
> using the video object but was not able to get  the test case which
> works as a player using makeswf. Was able to hear sound in the process
> but not video even in case of local streaming. Could someone help me
> on this ?

First of all: did you test the testcase against the proprietary player ?

The NetStream class expects NetConnection to provide an IOChannel as input
stream. I don't know if this is applicable to RTMP streams. There are many
debugging lines in the NetStream.cpp file, running the test with verbosity
level 2 should give you more info.

--strk;

 http://strk.keybit.net