[Gnash-dev] "File properties" pop-up not decorated as a pop-up

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] "File properties" pop-up not decorated as a pop-up
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:26:11 -0700

I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty x86 Netbook Remix, which has a full-screen
placement policy for ordinary windows.  I have gnash-0.8.6.  When I'm
watching an embedded gnash movie in Firefox, and use the right button
for the menu, and select "File > Properties" then the new window
doesn't come up decorated as a pop-up; instead it gets resized to the
full screen as if it was a main window.

(I think this bug may relate to "hints" that the window manager looks
at.)

The "About" box from the same menu comes up properly as a pop-up.

Also, are gnome menu items which bring up their own pop-up windows
supposed to have a "..." in the menu item name ("Properties...")?  Or
is that a faint memory from some irrelevant Macintosh style guide?  If
relevant, there are several in our menu that don't.

        John