[Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface testing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface testing
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:48:33 -0600

  I've implemented much of the the plugin side of the ExternalInterface
ActionScript class. I've been running it in debug mode to see what
variables, properties, and methods are called by the various web sites.
So far, several have tried to ask for "$version", which I assume is the
version of the player we already export.

 So I'm curious what other people find being used before I launch off on
the next phase. This is easy to do. Configure with
--enable-scriptable=yes, and set GNASH_PLUGIN_DEBUG in plugin.cpp to be
2 instead of 1. I then just run firefox from the a terminal, and watch
the debug output that way. What you'll see is stuff like this:

NPVariant* GnashPluginScriptObject::GetVariable(const std::string&)
Get Variable "$version" is int GnashPluginScriptObject::writePlayer(int,
const std::string&)

  Which is a request to the player from JavaScript. Other methods of
interest are SetVariable, and InvokeMethod. Next I need to implement
some kind of command queue for Gnash, probably hijacking the new control
socket for this. So It'd be nice to have some sites I can use for
testing a variety of things.

        - rob -