[Gnash-dev] scriptable plugin support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] scriptable plugin support
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:23:58 -0600

I wound up doing some plugin hacking today, adding the old patch we had
for scriptable support in the plugin. I brought it back to life, and
then greatly enhanced it. I dug around and added default values for the
bunch of predefined things the Adobe detection kit seems to use.

Right now it handles properties and calling methods on the JavaScript
embed[0] class. For now, all the properties and methods have to live in
the plugin. Once I figure out what and how many sites use JavaScript
with Flash, I can see about adding support for talking to the standalone
Gnash if that's required. (which I assume it is)

This is enabled by default, configure with --enable-scriptable=no to
turn it off. It's checked in as of revno #12140.

        - rob -