Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 23:49:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Craig Kelley wrote:

The last thing I need to fix before migrating this to trunk is currently
if vaapi is enabled, but you don't have supported hardware, it doesn't
handle this gracefully at all. (it segfaults, actually) it should also
be possible to find the best defaults for a platform, for example
testing for opengl/vaapi support, then dropping back to agg/vaapi, then
agg/xv, then agg/none. Unfortunately Gnash's Xv support has a major
scaling bug...

It depends on what you indend and what it actually does. What behavior are you seeing?

Try e.g. the JW's player (flvplayer.swf).
$ gnash -r agg --hwaccel xv -s 2 flvplayer.swf

available here as a convenience:
<http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/gnash-vaapi/samples/>

This causes two things:

1) setStageScaleMode() to noScale thus stage coords are wrong and not scaled down to the actual stage size. Check mouse coords with -vv.

2) Viewport is changed to 2x size (why not) but the renderer scale is still set to 1.0. Thus, we are rendering the upper left quarter only.

Note however that for regular animations, like bloxorz.swf, we have the correct expected result in both cases.

(2) looks simple to fix to me, I foresee two possible fixes. I don't understand (1) yet. Do you have any ideas?

Since I found inspiration for VA-API in the Xv code, this means --hwaccel vaapi has the same problem.

Thanks,
Gwenole.