Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: NetStream-SquareTest.swf failures with ffmpeg

From: Hong Yu
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: NetStream-SquareTest.swf failures with ffmpeg
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:46:19 +0800

We have been concentrated on AGG graphics-rendering related SWF display, and seen the difference between the default '-g -O2' build and '-O3' build with some heavy animation SWF. But FFmpeg option uses SDL rendering, so might be different, and my previous guess only because I saw the NetStream-SquareTest.swf color display in Gnash-cvs with '-O3'. With the default build of Gnash-cvs (April 7, 2008), I remember seeing the rectangular shape with and/or without color, with many tries.

On Ubuntu6.10-Edgy, we built FFmpeg '51.50.1' (libavcodec) with the source checked out after January 2008 and no later than February 18, 2008. Gnash build encountered error in generating gnashconfig.h for FFmpeg newer than Feb 2008, due to LIBAVCODEC_VERSION in avcodec.h.

Also, if any of your main developers could follow up the bug, that might be better for Gnash project, since I need to work more for current position. Please advise if you believe I could help more.

Best regards,

Hong Yu