Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 target date?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 target date?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:01:50 -0600

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> High performance network engine? What's that? And what's so
> performant?

  I rewrote the all the network code for Cygnal. As a streaming video
server, performance is important, so I created something that is low
overhead, and heavily threaded for low cpu load when streaming. This
won't effect Gnash much, but for the server side, it must efficiently
respond to incoming messages quickly, even if there are still many other
connections with streams going. There are notes on this design on the
Cygnal page on the gnashdev wiki.

        - rob -