Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:47:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:48:28AM +0200, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:
> On 9/4/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:

> > And for sure we should have a single function handling that html strip.
>
> Where do you want to put this? Over time, the parsing will obviously
> have to become more complicated, and change the formatting of
> individual characters in the textfield according to the result of
> parsing.

I finally looked at the code, and found where the duplication is.
HTML strip-off code is already in format_text, which is called
by set_text already, so the whole code in "htmlText" handling
can be reduced to a single call to set_text().

Also, I'd like to know if that assignment is supposed
to turn the .html property on, and if
        o = {};
        o.toString = function() { return "<html>string</html>" };
        htmlText = o;
should invoke the toString (it's done for handling the 'text' property).

Finally, I see that both 'text' and 'htmlText' should be proper
properties (most likely getter-setters).

Ivor, will you take care of this ?
(removing code duplication would be good enough for now).