Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:26:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:00:54AM +0200, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/4/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think it simply doesn't know about the htmlText property.
> > Should be very easy to fix, you can do the same as with the 'text'
> > property. What to give it a try ?
>
> Attached is a patch which adds minimal support for htmlText: It strips
> out any tags, and assigns the result to text field.

mm.. looks like duplicated code though.
Actually, could you check wheter .text and .htmlText are proper properties
or not ? There should be some tests in actionscript.all/TextField.as
If they are supposed to be proper properties, we should turn them into
getter/setter more likely.
And for sure we should have a single function handling that html strip.