[Gnash-dev] Introduction

From: Melissa Goldin
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Introduction
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:20:35 -0600

Hi,

I'm Melissa Goldin, the new tech writer for Gnash.  I come from Red Hat, where I was the lead Tech Writer for RHN for the past two years.  At Red Hat, we were one of the few companies using Open Source tools to do our writing (Emacs was our text editor). Our writers also served as QA folks (we tested early versions of the software, filed bugs, etc.).  I left RHN due to frustration with the 'big company' management style, and because I was prevented from making the changes our documentation desperately needed.  I look forward to working on a new docs set.

Right now, I'm working my way through the wiki, learning the information and looking for a way to make it easier to find.  After that, I'll start working on two manuals - a Developer Guide and an End User Guide.  Expect me to ask a lot of basic, stupid questions at that point.  It'll help me break down complex topics into small, basic bites for laymen.

Looking forward to working with the team,
Mushi

Melissa Goldin
Technical Writer
505.838.3844