Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello world in haXe does not work

From: Asger Ottar Alstrup
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello world in haXe does not work
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:17:47 +0200

I think we need to add a testsuite/haxe.all subdir for automated testing
with haxe.
Asger, do you feel like working on a prototype framework for using
the Dejagnu.swf module ? (a way for haxe to embed a pre-built SWF or
to import it dynamically). See testsuite/misc-mtasc.all for examples
of a badly designed framework  :)

Hm, I had a look and the learning curve is a bit too step for me. I can send .hx and .swf files, no problem, but finding out how to rig it up will take too long for me. Sorry.

The assert bug reported yesterday has been fixed, but the test case is not wrking yet: Nothing appears on the screen. It seems that Gnash decides not to display anything if a font has not been set - contrary to Adobe Flash. When run with -v, it says:

ERROR: error: text style with undefined font; font_id = -1

What about changing Gnash to use a default font when the font is undefined, like Adobe does?

Regards,
Asger