Re: [Gnash-dev] OS/2 build of Gnash

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OS/2 build of Gnash
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 20:07:58 +0100

2007/4/3, Paul Smedley <address@hidden>:
Just a quick one to say that I just got Gnash building on OS/2 using the
SDL GUI and AGG renderer.

A couple of testers have commented on the CPU usage, I assume this is
due to AGG?
AGG renders entirely in software; if you have working graphics
accelleration that might help on slow platforms. Cairo has a couple of
rendering bugs but the output is less ghastly than the opengl output.
AGG gave the best visual results of all.
Anyway, it doesn't use much to run a flash movie...

 How complete is the Cairo backend?
Working. See the bug list advanced search -> Renderer-Cairo

 OpenGL on OS/2 is only v1.1 and no hardware acceleration
In that case it;ll use MESA to do the rendering which as I remember is
slow as a dog, second only to the current Cairo implementation in
Gnash which could be improved. Again, see buglist

:(  Wondering which renderer is likely to give the best performance?
In your case I'd say AGG in any case, quality and speed.
i assume OS/2 means '86-pentium thing, so you'll have an FPU which is fine.