[Gnash-dev] Configure errors in CVS gnash

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Configure errors in CVS gnash
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:49:47 -0800

I checked gnash out of CVS today and tried to configure and build it
on a straight Fedora Core 6 system.  Did ./autogen.sh, then I got these
errors from "./configure --enable-renderer=agg":

checking for ming-config... no
checking ming.h usability... no
checking ming.h presence... no
checking for ming.h... no
checking for Ming header...
./configure: line 12525: test: -ge: unary operator expected
checking for doxygen... /usr/bin/doxygen

...and...:

checking for libexpat library...
checking for ffmpeg header... Package libavcodec was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
No package 'libavcodec' found
no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
./configure: line 20848: test: -lt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 20856: test: -gt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 20864: test: -lt: unary operator expected
checking for libavcodec library... no
checking for ff_eval in -lavcodec... no
configure: WARNING: ffmpeg specified as decoder, but it's not present,
disabling sound
checking for AGG headers...

I think the lines that begin "grep:" and "./configure:" shouldn't be there.

(It also complains about AGG being older than 2.4.  However, I have
 agg-2.4-2.1 installed.  What I don't have installed is agg-devel-2.4-2.1
 though; perhaps that was the misdiagnosed problem...)

        John