[Gnash-dev] How do the Gnash developers know what to implement?

From: Shlomi Fish
Subject: [Gnash-dev] How do the Gnash developers know what to implement?
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:07:33 +0200

Hi all!

I'd like to ask this question that interests me: how do the Gnash
developers know what to implement? The Flash documentation forbid
reading it in order to create a competing implementation. I believe
this is an illegal provision which won't hold in court, but I may be
wrong. And naturally the Flash licence forbids reverse-engineering.

A few other alternatives are using third-party documentation without
such terms, or simply analysing existing Flash code out there and
seeing how the Flash plugin interprets it.

But I'd like to know exactly how you learned about what to implement.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

If his programming is anything like his philosophising, he
would find 10 imaginary bugs in the "Hello World" program.