Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] gui wants redraw

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] gui wants redraw
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 00:23:19 +0100

Hello strk,

Sunday, November 5, 2006, 10:28:31 PM, you wrote:
s> We already have "display" for that, we just need to ask for
s> the invalidated_bounds to the Gui itself rather then to the movie_interface.

Currently the GUIs never access movie_interface directly and I like
that. I already proposed an easy, universal solution in the bug
tracker. Apparently the GUIs need direct influence to the rendering /
frame advance process, so we should give them what they need.
The invalidated_bounds are already under the control of the GUIs
anyway.

s> In case of a minimized window, the Gui implementation might completely
s> skip the get_invalidated_bounds() call and return a NULL rectangle..

s> Doesn't really sound a s huge restructureing (not to be done in 0.7.2
s> anyway)

Seems still complicated to me since it just avoids rendering with and
doesn't solve the redraw-without-advancing problem.

Udo