[Gnash-dev] gui wants redraw

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] gui wants redraw
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:36:39 +0100

A few words on the new Gui interface for asking
wheter the Gui wants redraw on next frame:

I guess this has been added to take into account
resize events:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18012

The problem with that, in my opinion, is that
gui events should trigger *immediate* redraw,
not redraw on next frame.

Examples of redraw needs are:

        1) resize
        2) expose

We don't want to wait for next frame before refreshing
the view, in both cases.

Beside this, it seems that at least gtk implementation of
this is broken (expose event don't trigger proper redraw):

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18186

The first bug is in 0.7.2 but not in head, the second is
in both head and 0.7.2 branches.

May I suggest all bugfixing happen in the 0.7.2 branch
for consistency ? (we'll forw-port later)

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.