Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Removing render calls from parser

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Removing render calls from parser
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:13:09 +0200

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 06:24:10PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   Anything that makes it easier to navigate through the source files is
> fine with me. My rough rule of thumb is it's nice when the output of "ls
> -F" fits in one 80x24 terminal window. :-)

Good rule !

> > The 'swf' dir seems a good choice for "parsing" as it already contain
> > the entry point for tag "loaders", while the ASHandlers (action handlers)
> > class should go in the other (vm?) dir/lib.
>
>   You mean moving the existing code out of server/swf, and into the top
> level server directory ? We could move it to server/asobjs.

No, I'd keep everything under server/ and it's subdirs.
server/asobjs should contain "player builtin classes" only.
I'd only move server/swf/ASHandlers.{cpp,h} to server/vm
as the parser would just store DoAction blocks into a structure
while the ASHandlers would actually executte them.

Maybe 'swf' is not really a good name and should be named 'parser'
instead. Also, 'vm' could be 'executor':

server/parser
server/executor (or server/vm)