[Gnash-dev] Removing render calls from parser

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Removing render calls from parser
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:31:23 +0200

[moved to gnash-dev]

REF: https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?5837

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:24:08PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> strk wrote:
>
> > I think the rationale was having the parser "cache" some info.
> > We completely lost caching afaik.
>
>   If we parse the movie into data structures, we should be able to add
> our own cacheing instead of depending on OpenGL for it.

Speaking of this, I think it would be worth creating a new directory
and library (or using the existing swf/ one) and move all _def classes
there. I'm sure there are some "parsing" classes that do *not* have the _def
suffix and this makes it harder to understand what does what.

I'd have a library for "parsing" and another one for "playing"
(the latter would be the "virtual machine" maybe).

The 'swf' dir seems a good choice for "parsing" as it already contain
the entry point for tag "loaders", while the ASHandlers (action handlers)
class should go in the other (vm?) dir/lib.