Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:13:01 -0600

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

> And such a threaded design would require some locking mechanism since
> OpenGL doesn't like threads.

  There is a small project called "Fast Events for SDL", that merely
uses the thread to wait for events (mouse, keyboard), and pumps the SDL
event loop at a much higher rate than the default. This wouldn't effect
OpenGL< as it's purely input event oriented. I implemented this in
GameSWF, but never used it in Gnash since I mostly use the GTK frontend
because of the plugin.

        - rob -