Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:53:24 -0600

Tomas Groth wrote:

> The switch to the new gui is fine with me, but what about the sound backend?
> I've been trying to write a gstreamer-backend, based on the old sdl-backend,
> but AFAIK it only works for the old plaer in backed/, so should I move it
> somewhere else and re-design it? I don't have the great overview of the
> structure so any input would be great!

  The newer front end is event driven, and uses a timer to advance
frames. This may make it easier to integrate in the Gstreamer based
sound support. It also abstracts all the GUI code details into other
files, making the main() routine for Gnash much smaller and easer to
read. The code in gui/ is more modular and I think easier to extend than
 the existing GUI support code.

        - rob -