Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:58:32 -0600

strk wrote:

> BTW: I noticed that elvis.swf plays too fast, and not smooth

 You might want to try adjusting the timer value. You can set this
either in the new config file, (~/.gnashrc) or try the "-d [num]" option.

> (ie, it goes slower when processor is busy) so there might be problems with
> those timers

  Interesting... The polling loop is now gone, instead the main gtk,
gdk, fltk, sdl, or kde event loops are used instead. The timer just
advances the frame. You're using the SDK Gui, right ? That version may
not run as well as the GTK version because the SDL event handling isn't
very fast, and it's still using a polling loop. (see SDLGui::run()).
There are ways to pump SDL events faster using a background thread, but
that's currently not in the gui/ version.

        - rob -