glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Gusty Gibbon wireless problem

From: vijay mateti
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Gusty Gibbon wireless problem
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:49:00 +0530

> I don't see the wireless option in restricted drivers itself :(. I
> installed gusty because of this wireless problem.

Try this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=405990

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/16/1436371/bcm43xx-0.3.2-internet.tar.gz

Try that package it should work.

> hey one more thing did you install it by a CD or by a DVD and is it
> Gusty 64bit or 32 bit.

Its 64bit Gusty. I personally recommend 32bit linux install. Some very
critical softwares do not have 64bit ports.

Are you using final release of Gusty or upgraded from beta/RC? I
happened to see a bug with similar description.

Happy New Year Glug!
Vijay