glug-nith-discuss

RE: [Glug-nith-discuss] Gusty Gibbon wireless problem

From: vijay.kumarmateti
Subject: RE: [Glug-nith-discuss] Gusty Gibbon wireless problem
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:08:11 +0530

Hi Manu,

I'm also holding the same model laptop and bcm43xx worked for me in
gusty. In gusty there is a menu item where it lists all the unsupported
hardware for which proprietary drivers need to be installed.

In your case you will find Nvidia Graphics Driver and Broadcom wireless
drivers. If you click on the wireless device a wizard will ask you to
install windows wireless driver. Instead of you providing the windows
driver select online driver available with the wizard and I'm sure that
red light will turn blue.

Though it's working after that wizard, I find it's not able to work to
its full potential. It's loosing signal strength at near range from the
hotspot.

Peace
Vijay