geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] ‘geiser-guile-load-path’ v s. ‘%load-compiled-path’

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] ‘geiser-guile-load-path’ v s. ‘%load-compiled-path’
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:29:50 +0200

On Fri, Sep 13 2013, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Howdy!

[...]

>> And can we share the directories in geiser-guile-load-path for both
>> non-compiled and compiled paths or is it better to have separate lists?
>
> For the purposes of Geiser, I think it’s better to have a single list
> (even for Guile itself, it’s not clear to me what having separate lists
> buys us.)
>
>> We also have a command to augment %load-path while the REPL is running:
>> would it make sense to add also the requested directory to
>> %load-compiled-path? (having a separate command sound a bit too much,
>> but is doable if that's the right thing to do...)
>
> What do you mean by “while the REPL is running”?

M-x geiser-add-to-load-path

That will ask for a directory and send a command to Guile adding it to
%load-path.  If i understand correctly, all that's needed is to also add
the directory to %load-compiled-path, and use the command automatically
at Guile startup with the contents of geiser-load-path.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
jao
--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught not to. So it is with great programmers.