geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Invalid function: (eval compile)

From: Ulf Martin
Subject: [Geiser-users] Invalid function: (eval compile)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:16:14 +0200

Hello to the Geiser people!

I have a problem using Geiser: Each time I try to evaluate a Scheme
expression I get the error "Invalid function: (eval compile)".

This happens with both, Guile and Racket.

Versions:

Geiser     0.1.4-2
GNU Emacs  23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
Racket     5.2.1
Guile      2.0.5-deb+1-3

The problem may have to do with this from Emacsen's *Messages* buffer:

  Starting Geiser REPL for guile ...
  geiser-guile--geiser-procedure: Invalid function: (eval compile) [2
  times]

The line "geiser-guile--geiser-procedure: Invalid function: (eval
compile) [2 times]" appears multiple times in longer Geiser sessions
with different numbers N in the "[N times]" part.

The same problem was apparently reported on 18 April 2012 at
"help-gnu-emacs" (but no solution given as it just went away).
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-04/msg00257.html

Any help appreciated!
Merci & Regards
Ulf