geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Leaving the REPL-buffer: Warnings about coding system

From: Dr. Ludwig Meier
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Leaving the REPL-buffer: Warnings about coding systems
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:31:18 +0100 (BST)

Dear José,

Cool, thank you really very much for your quick answer! Deleting
~/.geiser_history.guile fixed the problem. Nonetheless you’ll find the
requested information below, maybe it will be helpfull for your work
some day.

Cheers,

Ludwig

Am 30.09.2012 22:25, schrieb Jose A. Ortega Ruiz:

>I have a very similar setup (except this is Debian), and never seen this
>before.  What version of Guile are you using?  Did you customize any
>Geiser setting?

Guile 2.0.5, as shipped by Ubuntu.

Settings in .emacs-custom:

 '(geiser-active-implementations (quote (guile)))
 '(geiser-guile-load-init-file-p t)
 '(geiser-mode-smart-tab-p nil)
 '(geiser-repl-use-other-window nil)

The error above usually makes the offending characters clickable and one
>can follow them and go to the buffer where they are: is that the case
>for you? If so, in what buffer are those characters?

The characters are not clickable unfortunately. They seem to be
escape-characters; but honestly speaking I do not understand what they
are. "C-u C-x =" yields:

Char: /303 (4194243, #o17777703, #x3fffc3, raw-byte) point=373 of 848
(44%) column=34

Char: /234 (4194204, #o17777634, #x3fff9c) point=375 of 848 (44%) column=39

Does this happen in fresh new REPLs without any ouput, or only when
>there has been some interaction?

It happened in both cases.

Does moving ~/.geiser_history.guile away fix the problem? (that's the

--
Dr. Ludwig Meier