gdb

How to use a gdb-stub?

From: TriKri
Subject: How to use a gdb-stub?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I wonder how a gdb-stub is used. I have understod that it is a c file with
specific functions and also data types. But what do you do with the file? It
is going to be linked to another project which is going to use the
functions, but which project? How is the stub file really implemented? To
which project and how do I link it?

I've also heard about gdb-hooks, do they have something to do with the
implementation of gdb-stubs?

/Kristofer