gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:27:08 +0200

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:56:56 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> I think this is simply dangerous - such matters should be pushed up to
> >> the next level.
> >

> > What is the next level?
>
> GDB steering committee, then RMS.

That might be okay, provided that the stream of problems pushed to
those two levels is not too high-volume.

A good maintenance arrangement should make sure that most of the
issues is resolved within the maintainers, not pushed to the
committee.  The question is, do we believe we have such an
arrangement, and if not, how do we make the current arrangement better
so that it would reach that goal.