gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: David Carlton
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:55:01 -0800

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:32:59 -0500, Andrew Cagney
<address@hidden> said:
>> David Carlton <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Do you have examples of other projects that have used voting?

> Apache.  The suggestion that we vote was presented by Jim Blandy a
> year ago: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-02/msg00329.html

Oh, right, I should have thought of that.  Well, Apache seems to work
pretty well (not that I've ever participated in its development, but
people speak highly of the resulting software).

Of course, the voting system described in Jim's message is quite
different from our current proposal, anyways.  There, it's a mandatory
process, while we're proposing it as a last resort to avoid deadlock.

David Carlton
address@hidden