gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: windows-only read patch (was: error in ./configure w

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: windows-only read patch (was: error in ./configure when building gcl 2.6.7 onUbuntu)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:41:01 +0300

Camm Maguire writes:
Greetings!

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

Camm,

What are the symptoms of this change? What problem is it
intended to correct? How can I test it? Is it sufficient
if I can build Axiom on windows after this change?

The code is intended to fix read-char-no-hang, which had been broken
for a long time.  This caused Mike Thomas some problem of which I do
not know the details, hence his ifdef patch with the comment:

revision 1.14.4.1.2.2.2.4.6.1.6.1.4.3
date: 2006-06-15 22:26:22 -0400;  author: mjthomas;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
Band aid fix to stop build failure on Windows.
----------------------------

Vadim found the discrepancy in testing maxima:

Ideally, I'd like to know that reverting the patch works for both of
you.  I'd really be pleased if someone could try acl2 as well.

Sorry, probably I've lost track of the topic.
I'm ready to test with Maxima on both Linux and Windows.
Would you please clarify which version of GCL should
be tested.  GCL 2.6.8 CVS without aforementioned patch?

Alas, due to email chaos, I seem to be disconnected from Vadim.

Please, try <address@hidden>

With best regards,

Vadim

--