gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Package test failures

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Package test failures
Date: 14 Oct 2002 01:18:31 -0400

Greetings!  OK I'm committing some fixes.  A few comments.

"Paul F. Dietz" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've classified the causes of the failures of the package tests:
>
> EXPORT-4
>     Export needs to signal a PACKAGE-ERROR when the symbol
>     is not accessible in the package.  This error should be correctable.
>
> MAKE-PACKAGE-ERROR-[1234]
> DEFPACKAGE-24,25
>     COMPUTE-RESTARTS needs to take an optional argument.

The restarts business was more involved.  HANDLER-CASE produced code
which jumped outside of the *restart-clusters* binding.  Most of this
commit is an enabling of package-error and continuable error
processing in the conditions system.  It would be great if someone
could look over my patch to handler.lisp.  While it should clearly
work, its probably not the most elegant, nor necessarily complete.

compute-restarts now takes an optional argument, but it does nothing as
yet, as there is no 'slot' in the restart for the condition.  It would
appear this could be added pretty easily.  I've therefore left the
task active on the website.

> UNEXPORT-[56]
>     UNEXPORT needs to throw a PACKAGE-ERROR on errors,
>     and it should not throw an error if called on a symbol
>     that is only internal in the package.
>
> IN-PACKAGE-5
>     For some reason the HANDLER-CASE is not catching the
>     package error.
>
> DEFPACKAGE-5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
>     These fail because a package is being made to have LISP on its
>     use list.  The presence of the (:use) argument to DEFPACKAGE
>     should have caused the package to have an empty use list.

I've committed your fix here.  Thanks!

The other package errors remain.  I'll try to get to some more
tomorrow.

I now get:

123 out of 4365 total tests failed:

Take care,