gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Gcl and RedHat7.2

From: Louis Glassy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Gcl and RedHat7.2
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:17:27 -0600

(setf 'oh-shit-the-compilers-broke-mode t)

I just built gcl 2.4.3 yesterday on a Linux Redhat/7.2 box.
The build did *not* work with the standard gcc-2.96 that comes
with Redhat 7.2.

I think the RH7.2 shipped compiler (gcc 2.96) is buggy.  Elsewhere
I've read that 2.96 came from the *unstable* development branch of
gcc, not the *stable* release branch!  Yikes!

So first I used the installed gcc 2.96 compiler to build a working
gcc (gcc-2.95.3).  Then I used this gcc to build gcl-2.4.3, which
worked fine.

--
Lou Glassy (address@hidden)       in the beginning was the word
                                         and the word was with god