gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Gcl and RedHat7.2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Gcl and RedHat7.2
Date: 12 Jun 2002 13:36:09 -0400

Greetings!

Yes unfortunately, the gcc-2.96 disaster in certain versions of Redhat
is well known, and stirred up quite a controversy at the time, as the
gcc team never released this snapshot.

In any case, Dr. Schelter had put in some workarounds for this case,
which should show up in your configure output if they kick in.

BTW, to build, just ./configure ; make.  No need for a separate
add-defs.

The gcc compiler issue may give you a buggy build, but should not
result in the basically configure-originating failure you're seeing.
You don't need libmport anymore, just libgmp.a.  And if you get a
chance, the latest is 2.4.3, though I can't think of any change here
which would affect the build.  A few known bugs were closed, though,
so its worth your while to get it.

If you still have problems, please post the full configure and make
output.

Take care,