gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instru

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructions.
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:09:44 +0300

Camm Maguire пишет:
Hi Vadim!  Thanks for the patch!!

Unfortunately, it breaks the maxima build.  As you have it, the final
maxima link complains that the package "COMMON-LISP-USER" does not
exist.  When I reverted the missing lines building this package in C,
the error is that package "CONDITIONS" does not exist.  Even when one
can fire up unixport/saved_gcl and see the conditions package.

Hope to look into this soon so we can commit something like the patch
below.

Take care,

It not only breaks Maxima build but in addition new loop.lisp does
not work as expected. Try

(loop for s being the external-symbols of "COMMON-LISP" collect s)

I'm not sure but maybe the problem is that new loop.lsp (former loop2.lsp in ecls) now creates extra package ANSI-LOOP
while old loop was in SI package. In addition we probably need to
export some symbols explicitly (loop and loop-finish as far as I understand). I'm trying to understand what is going on but so far I'm
lost in GCL compilation intricacies. I also experince problems with
"There are no CONDITIONS ..." error and probably I've realized it's origin. Having varios GCL building stages - raw_gcl, saved_gcl,
saved_gcl (+pcl), saved_gcl (+pcl+conditions) make a lot of
confusion. If we compile loop.lsp with full saved_gcl+pcl+conditions when some data on CONDITIONS package is saved in loop.data.
So later when loop.data is loaded when raw_gcl makes saved_gcl
the new image can't be created and save complains about missing CONDITIONS.

Best wishes,

Vadim