Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:53:15 +0100

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> I think they should be politely redirected to the linuxjobs list at
> lug.org.uk.

Even if they're nothing to do with Linux but involve free software
around Manchester?

> I suspect only a very small subset of the list's
> membership are looking for a new employer

Maybe, but perhaps those of us who are and live around Manchester should
carry some weight.  Free software jobs seem rather important for the
community, and even if you aren't in the market it's surely good to know
about free software opportunities in the area.  I think it's something
the group should take a definite interest in.

-- Dave   (feeling guilty about lack of attendance at meetings)