Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:47:43 +0100 (BST)

Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
> We've had a few job ads posted in the past with no complaints. So as
> long we don't get too many ads and proprietary software isn't included
> in the job description, then I think it should be allowed.
>
> What does everyone else think? It's your list, what do you want to see!?

I think they should be politely redirected to the linuxjobs list at
lug.org.uk.  I suspect only a very small subset of the list's
membership are looking for a new employer and (present company
excepted) many people who post job ads are persistent ignorant swines
who will ignore any limitation like "not too many" and "no proprietary
software" (written with my ex-list-admin hat on).

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software