Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:41:09 +0100

John Southern <address@hidden> wrote:
> Firefox
> The FireFox web browser allows you to browse web pages faster, more safely,
> and more efficiently. Key features include pop-up blocking to stop those
> annoying ads, tabbed browsing to let you view multiple web pages in a single
> window and its enhanced security over MS Internet Explorer.

Only partly Free Software.  Have you read the clickwrap in the Firefox-3.0?

"3.  PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.  Portions of the Product are available in
                          ^^^^^^^^
source code form under the terms of the Mozilla Public License and
other open source licenses (collectively, "Open Source Licenses") at
Nothing in this Agreement will be construed to limit any rights
granted under the Open Source Licenses.  Subject to the foregoing,
Mozilla, for itself and on behalf of its licensors, hereby reserves
all intellectual property rights in the Product, except for the rights
expressly granted in this Agreement. [...]"

IceCat is GNU's Firefox-based free software browser
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

"The gNewSense BurningDog browser and the Debian IceWeasel browser are
similarly derived from Firefox, also with the intent of being free
software."

Not sure what you want to do about that.  I've mainly been ignoring it.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)