Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:17:41 +0100

Thanks to both Tim and Ben for the really useful and positive
feedback. I'll look at both of your comments in detail and update the
leaflet once I get some free time.

Some quick comments:

On 07/07/2008, Tim Dobson <address@hidden> wrote:
> [snip] several bits need looking at again in detail:
>
>  GNU/Linux distros(!)

In what way? Might be difficult due to lack of space, but I'm sure I
can tidy it up.

>  Naming controversy

I don't see the point in focusing on negatives and most people really
won't care about an argument that's held deep within the community. I
think that the one sentence is enough?

>  I'd also point out that free software doesn't have "no limitations" on
>  how it is used - that even applies to bsd. it probably sends out the
>  wrong message. perhaps we can rephrase that.

Oops, good point.

>  I also think that more emphasis on freedom over price would not go amiss.
>  I'll do my best to reply to any followups though my reply may be a bit laggy.

Okay. I'll take another look and see what I can do. I did find it
quite difficult due to the space limitations though!

Lucy