Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Bittorrent and free software campaign

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Bittorrent and free software campaign
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:39:24 +0000

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:27:34PM +0000, Peter Colton wrote:

> Lets hope that "FSUK_20080219" is first of many. A thought list for the
> future video could be ?

Rather than arranging future videos, let's continue to arrange
interesting talks on Free Software and recorded them for the people who
can't make it.

> To give future torrent a longevity its will be well worth looking at
> tapping in to the groups home uplink to the internet. By torrent
> seeding from their home machine the torrents they want to support.

Many people are seeding the FSUK torrent from their home machines and
remote VMs, myself included - I've uploaded about 4Gb already.

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>
Jabber: address@hidden