[Fsuk-manchester] Bittorrent and free software campaign

From: Peter Colton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Bittorrent and free software campaign
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:27:34 +0000

        Hello Andy and group,

Lets hope that "FSUK_20080219" is first of many. A thought list for the
future video could be ?

Matt Lee intro talk about the world of the free software and his role in
foundation.

Then there could be a talk with Owen Le Blanc about the first bootable
linux system in the world in Manchester.

To give future torrent a longevity its will be well worth looking at
tapping in to the groups home uplink to the internet. By torrent seeding
from their home machine the torrents they want to support.

Home seeding is a topic that I pioneered at. At the moment I seed about
11GiG from my home machine. The upload from these seed is throttled to 6
KB, this works out to be about half a gig upload per day. All so there
two other machines in my local community that are doing the same. These
torrent seeds are all licensed for pubic use.

I have a init.d script to do the seeding job for me. So if any one
what's a copy I post it. The benefit of the boot script for seeding is
that its zero management torrent seeding.

        Regards: peter

--
( Hasta la Victoria Siempre )
( www.democracynow.org : The War On Peace Report )