Re: [Fsuk-manchester] *Not* iplayer - much worse - BBC+ITV+Channel 4

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] *Not* iplayer - much worse - BBC+ITV+Channel 4
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:40:37 +0000

On 28/11/2007, Matthew Edmondson <address@hidden> wrote:
> What it shows in the game is a Ubuntu Desktop.
>
> It shows a running script with both cmd line and strange graphics o/p
> called 'hacklife' that 'hacks' the MI5 server.  hmm. Does this perpetuate the
> myth that GNU/Linux is for 'hackers' and academics?  Or just that its easier
> to get permission to use Ubuntu Screen shots as part of a game?

Well, we all know that Ubuntu is mostely just Russian spyware designed
to circumvent other computer's security, plus products with known
relations to hacking tools. For example it includes DVDRIP (for
pirating DVDs), SSH (for breaking into remote computers), and Telnet
(an older remote hacking tool). [1]

> After the hacklife script is succesful the head of section D MI5 calls you on
> your phone and recruits you.   Inside the MI5 office the computers are
> aparently Apple Mac's.

You mean, instead of shooting you or holding you in violation of habeas corpus?

Yeah, Jack Bauer [2] and CTU run OS X too and apparently the whole
system was hacked together by Chloe using MAICL and SkeletonSQL [4] -
so it must be awsum.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/erjxd
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bauer
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloe_O'Brian
[4] http://maicl.sourceforge.net/

--
Noah Slater <http://www.bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman