Re: [Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman (rms) in the UK 2011

From: Dr Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman (rms) in the UK 2011
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:19:27 +0000

On 3 February 2011 09:29, Michael Dorrington
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Richard Stallman, aka rms, founder of the Free Software Foundation
> (FSF), GNU's Not Unix (GNU) and the Free Software Movement is doing a
> speaking tour of Great Britain (unfortunately, Northern Ireland is not
> included in the tour) at the beginning of March 2011. FFSUK recommends
> attendance.
>
> The individual events are being organised by local IET
> <http://www.theiet.org/> committees and *registration is required*.
>
> FFSUK will be present at all the events. If you would like to chat with
> us before or after an event then please let us know at iwanttohelp at
> ffsuk dot org dot uk.
>
> Locations with dates:
>
> * Cambridge on Tuesday, 1st March 2011
> Registration open. Cambridge event details and registration:
> http://www.theiet.org/local/uk/east/cambridge/free-software.cfm
>
> * Preston on Wednesday, 2nd March 2011
> Registration open. Preston event details and registration:
> http://www.theiet.org/local/uk/northwest/lancs-cumbria/freedigitalsocietyMarch2011.cfm
>
> * Dundee on Thursday, 3rd March 2011
> Venue to be confirmed.
>
> * Sheffield on Saturday, 5th March 2011
> Registration open. Sheffield event details and registration:
> http://www.theiet.org/local/uk/yorks/south/11-03-stallman-lecture.cfm
>
> * London on Monday, 7th March 2011
> Venue to be confirmed.
>
> * Brighton on Tuesday, 8th March 2011
> Registration open. Brighton event details and registration:
> http://www.theiet.org/local/uk/southeast/sussex/rs-soft-pat.cfm
>

> FFSUK "Richard Stallman (rms) in the UK 2011" project page:
> http://www.ffsuk.org.uk/rms2011/
>

> Regards,
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

Do you know if there will be any chance to purchase FSF merchandise at
the event?  I'd like to get Richard to sign a copy of one of his
books, if possible, but there's only limited time to get one shipped
over to the UK before the talk.

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37