Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: [ORG-discuss] Fwd: UKUUG - free Evening talk - OpenMo

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: [ORG-discuss] Fwd: UKUUG - free Evening talk - OpenMoko - 9th April
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:52:00 +0100

Chris Croughton wrote:
Thanks.  Dave's transcript also had something on timescale which I
interpreted as "Real Soon Now" (weeks rather than months, I gathered).

the community updates (link in my previous email) page of the wiki also gives that impression.

Why will import to the UK be expensive?  OK, with shipping + VAT + duty
it won't be at the bank exchange rate, but I would guess no more than
50% added
50% is quite a lot.

 so still well under GBP 299 total (most things sold here seem
to be pound == dollar).
sad perhaps, but true.

I can't wait to be able to order it.
(It was meant to be a birthday & christmas present for me last autumn!)

--
www.tdobson.net
----