Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: [ORG-discuss] Fwd: UKUUG - free Evening talk - OpenMo

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: [ORG-discuss] Fwd: UKUUG - free Evening talk - OpenMoko - 9th April
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:03:22 +0100

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 02:22:44AM +0100, Tim Dobson wrote:

> Jon Grant wrote:
> >This talk looks interesting, I'm a embedded/mobile developer myself.
> >
> >Anyone else heading down form the list?
>
> I would love to go to this considering I'm hoping to get a Neo
> Freerunner to replace my elderly, non-free, wait for it.... Nokia 3310.
>
> Unfortunatly this talk is a few hundred miles too far south.

Too far for me as well, and too early start in the evening for the
middle of the week.  If it were Friday I could get there.

Is there any information when the Freerunner will be available
(approximate timescale)?  I'm very interested in it but the OpenMoko
page doesn't seem to give any indication.  Approximate price would be
good as well (order of magnitude even, if it's 100 quid I'll go for it
but if it's 1000 I won't).

(I have a Nokia 6310, I only got that model because at the time I wanted
to be able to use it as a modem to get Internet access while away.
Otherwise a 3310 would do me fine, I only use the thing for occasional
voice calls and rare SMS messages.)

Chris C