[Fsfe-uk] APIG Inquiry into DRM tech.

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] APIG Inquiry into DRM tech.
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:54:51 +0000

Guysengals.

We've kind of missed the launch of this boat, but it hasn't yet
departed:

http://www.apig.org.uk/current-activities/inquiry-into-digital-rights-management.html

A very narrow enquiry into specific problems with DRM, but nonetheless
it deserves some attention since the media lobby will doubtless give it
theirs.

An initial attempt at a response:

http://www.alcoholicsunanimous.com/chod/apig.xhtml

Issues:

      * 100% too many words for what they asked for already...
      * Labours a number of points which don't need to be laboured
      * Somewhat of a branedump, therefore probably missing a number of
        pertinent points
      * Heavy on rhetoric, light on examples: needs to be the other way
        around, and probably stick closer to their points
      * Not sure whether I can raise "other issues" effectively; could
        make them simply dismiss the entire thing for wandering OT

It's unlikely that they will receive many submissions on the same side
as ours, so we really need to get something good in, I think.

Any help appreciated.