[Fsfe-uk] members directory, was: RFC: Newsletter email frequency

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] members directory, was: RFC: Newsletter email frequency
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 01:09:32 +0100

On 2004-05-12 11:01:46 +0100 Brian Gough <address@hidden> wrote:

Ideally, we should get something like this as part of online "members
directory".  I'd like to propose a BOF session on "members directory"
(really, free software for running organisations).

That would be good. Two things stopped me working on this:

1. Worries about security. The true "members list" cannot be online in this way because it holds data that we don't want to publish even if the server is taken over. There is probably a way around this, but I'm not sure what that is. A simpler "members directory" is definitely possible, once we know what we want it to offer.

2. Lack of time. As always.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.