Re: [Fsfe-uk] Co-operative Internet Banking

From: Telsa Gwynne
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Co-operative Internet Banking
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:16:09 +0000

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:38:10PM +0000 or thereabouts, MJ Ray wrote:

> As you may know, the AFFS banks with the Co-operative Bank. We don't
> use their internet banking yet, because it doesn't work with free
> software. Recently, we had letters and forms for their new internet

If by "their internet banking" you mean Smile (which lives at
http://www.smile.co.uk/), then it works fine here for me and
has done for a long time. I first started using it with the old
Mozilla milestone releases.

I don't have java or anything like that. I use Mozilla on
Fedora Core 1. As far as I am aware, I have no non-free software
here.

My experience is not everyone's though: there are two open
bugs on Mozilla's bugzilla about Smile. There are definitely
weird javascript issues to do with tabbing between lines in
forms, but so far it works for me.

Telsa